My Blog List

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Salad for a winter's dinner

I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything. The truth is, we've been doing a lot of traveling and very little cooking. Forgive me. I'M BACK!!!

I made the best salad the other day. A healthy, delicious kale salad. So yummy!  I know you'll enjoy it, and so will your family.

Yummy Kale Salad

1 large bunch of kale
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion

Wash the kale well. Remove the large center rib. Cut the kale into thin strips (julienne). Place the strips in a large, non-reactive bowl.
Mix together the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, maple syrup, and olive oil.
Pour half the dressing over the kale and mix well so every piece of kale is coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
When ready to serve, toss with the remaining dressing, the Parmesan cheese, and the onions. Pour into a large platter and serve.
For parve, omit the cheese and toss in 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
B'tayavon!

2 comments:

  1. Sharyn...It is wonderful that you have reactivated your blogsite. I always love your recipes. I am going to try this recipe for Purim tomorrow. This will be our first in Israel and I understand the festivities are amazing...even a Zombie Purim Parade. Wish you and hubby were here to celebrate with us...Fondly, JanSuzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,JanSuzanne! Wish we were with you in Tel Aviv. Hopefully soon.
      Chag sameach! Enjoy!...fondly, Sharyn

      Delete