My Blog List

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving's almost here.

Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away.  I have two soups, six quarts of turkey stock, and one entree (I make two in addition to the turkey) in the freezer.  I also have three kinds of cranberry sauce in the refrigerator.  Now all I have to work on are the desserts.
I make a killer jalapeno cranberry sauce that is the favorite of my 92 year old mother.  She loves it, says it adds zip to the meal and called last week to make sure I was making it for her.
So, since Mom loves it, I decided to share it with you.  It's pretty easy and quick and will stay in the refrigerator for up to four weeks.  I hope you like it as much as Mom does.


Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapenos or 2 jalapenos seeded, deveined and chopped finely
1/4 cup water
Bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.  Reduce the heat to medium and cook at a brisk simmer, stirring often, until the cranberries burst and the juices are syrupy, 8 to 10 minutes.  Transfer to a jar or storage container. let cool, cover and refrigerate.  (Will keep for 1 to 2 weeks.)
Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Will post more Thanksgiving recipes as the mood strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment