My Blog List

Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Recipes just for you

After Marvin's (my hubby) open heart surgery three weeks ago, I had to learn a new way to cook.  No butter, a miniscule amount of salt, a little oil, and lots of herbs and spices (just up my alley!)

One of the recipes I developed this summer, I'd like to share with you.  It's great for the grill and very easy.

Chicken marinated with garlic and ginger

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey

Mix the garlic, ginger, pepper, oil, vinegar, and honey together.  Pour into a large plastic bag.  Add the chicken, seal the bag, shake to coat the chicken, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Light and heat your grill.  
Remove the chicken from the bag and cook on the grill until it is cooked through.

B'tayavon!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment