My Blog List

Monday, February 16, 2015

A Review of a Very Special Book -- SPIRITUAL KNEADING THROUGH THE JEWISH MONTHS

When the author of this wonderful book, Dahlia Abraham-Klein, invited me to review it, I was flattered.  When I received this book, I felt honored.
Having baked challahs for over forty years, I didn't know what to expect from Spiritual Kneading a through the Jewish Months. What I found gave validation to the feeling of connection to the spiritual, to past generations of Jewish woman, that I have always experienced when baking challah.
This book illustrates what I have always believed that baking challah differs from baking daily bread. There is a depth of feeling, of the spiritual, that encompasses the baking of challah.
Spiritual Kneading through the Jewish Months is much more than a challah cookbook. It is a journey of spiritual dimensions. The mitzvah of baking challah, of kneading and braiding it, this mitzvah is woven into the dough itself.  The creative recipes in this book, along with the traditions and biblical references, fill you with blessings and a sense of fulfillment of the spirit.
Whether you bake challah or not, whether you are Jewish or not, this book is a must have for everyone's library.

No comments:

Post a Comment